Integrated Technology Strategy
The Windsor-Essex Catholic District School Board (WECDSB) aims to help each student become a competent, productive and self-directed young adult through the pursuit of learning. The Windsor Essex-Catholic District Board’s (WECDSB) Integrated Technology Strategy is focused on the following objectives: assisting staff and students to collaborate on new initiatives; fostering critical thinking skills when faced with a challenge; and enhancing individual creativity in the learning process. Essentially, the goal is for staff and students to become curators of knowledge who efficiently and effectively communicate responsibly in the digital world.
In keeping with the Ontario Ministry of Education’s e-Learning Strategy, the Board endeavours to meet the learning needs of all students in a safe and secure environment. Our schools provide excellent learning and information resources via our internet access, networked computers and tablet devices. Staff and students may access many digital learning tools including MyTools2Go, the Provincial Learning Management System and Ministry provided digital resources.
As education moves toward an increased cloud-based computing model, the WECDSB continues to improve core infrastructure and resources in support of maximizing digital learning opportunities.
- the WECDSB’s version of Google Apps for Education - a free, cloud-based application offering users the ability to create documents, presentations, spreadsheets, forms, drawings, websites, calendars, email, online storage space and more
- accessible on any device with an internet connection
- The Provincial Learning Management System (LMS)
- available for teachers to deliver course materials, receive and assess student work and inspire meaningful collaboration
- managed by e-Learning Ontario
- providing teachers and students with access to Ministry created courses and learning activities
- Ministry Provided Digital Resources
- numerous digital resources provided by the Ontario Ministry of Education across all grades and subject disciplines
The WECDSB Integrated Technology Strategy incorporates the Professional Advisory - The Use of Electronic Communication and Social Media from the Ontario College of Teachers, February 23, 2011 and the Board’s Internet Acceptable Use Policy.